completed his undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering degree in Medical Electronics with Distinction in 2006 from India. Alex then came to Scotland to pursue a higher degree and graduated with an MSc degree in Bioengineering from the University of Strathclyde in 2007. Alex MSc thesis project was "Permeability evaluation of composite hollow fibres for blood-gas exchange".
Alex previously worked as a Process Development Associate with Vascutek Ltd. (a TERUMO company), one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of vascular products for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Alex’s responsibilities in the project also include commercial assessment of the cost of production of the new product and launch new quantities based on sales forecasts.
- Currently an MPhil candidate with the University of Dundee (Aug 2010-July 2012)
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute
- Pending additional qualification - CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Process Development Associate, Vascutek Ltd., Glasgow (2008-2009)
- Consultant, Tayside Flow Technologies, Dundee (2009)
- MSc Bioengineering, University of Strathclyde 2006-2007
- MSc project - Permeability evaluation of composite hollow fibres for blood-gas exchange
- BE Medical Electronics, VTU University, India. Graduated 2006 with First Class with Distinction
- BE project - Pulse Rate Monitoring System
- Student placement- Radiology Department, MS Ramaiah Medical College, India