Dr Dun Liu
obtained his BSc degree (Opto-information Science and Technology) from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (P.R.China) in 2008, and Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Dundee (UK), which switched his research to the ever fast emerging and expanding nanoscience and nanotechnology area. He is now a Postdoctoral Research Assistant continuing his Ph.D work in carbon nanotube biomedical applications with Prof Sir Alfred Cuschieri in the Surgical Technology Group, the Institute of Medical Science and Technology (IMSaT) at the University of Dundee.
- Liu, D.,Wang, L.,Wang, Z., Cuschieri,A., 2012. Magnetoporation and Magnetolysis of Cancer Cells via Carbon Nanotubes Induced by Rotating Magnetic Fields. Nano Letters 12, 5117-5121.
- Liu, D., Wang, Z., Wang, L., Cuschieri, A., 2012. Finite Element Study of Carbon Nanotube Induced Cell Membrane Poration for Drug and Gene Delivery. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics 2, 132-138.
- Liu, D., Wang, L., Wang, Z., Cuschieri, A., 2012. Different cellular response mechanisms contribute to the length-dependent cytotoxicity of multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Nanoscale Research Letters 7, 361.
- Wang, Z., Aarya, I., Gueorguieva, M., Liu, D., Luo, H., Manfredi, L., Wang, L., McLean, D., Coleman, S., Brown, S., Cuschieri, A., 2012. Image-based 3D modeling and validation of radiofrequency interstitial tumor ablation using a tissue-mimicking breast phantom. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery.
- Wang, L., Liu, D., Wang, Z., Cuschieri, A., 2012. CELL MEMBRANE DISRUPTION AND CYTOSKELETON STRESS CONTRIBUTE TO THE CYTOTOXICITY OF CARBON NANOTUBES: A FOCUSED STUDY BY ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPY. European Summit for Clinical Nanomedicine CLINAM, Basel, Switzerland, pp. 143-144.
- Gourevich, D., Gerold, B., Arditti, F., Xu, D., Liu, D., Volovick, A., Wang, L., Medan, Y., Gnaim, J., Prentice, P., Cochran, S., Melzer, A., Zahavy, E., Ordentlich, A., Yitzhaki, S., Shafferman, A., 2012. Ultrasound Activated Nano-Encapsulated Targeted Drug Delivery andTumour Cell Poration. NANO-BIOTECHNOLOGY FOR BIOMEDICAL AND DIAGNOSTIC RESEARCH Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 733. Springer Netherlands, pp. 135-144.
- Arditti, F., Liu, D., Xu, D., Medan, Y., Gnaim, J., Cochran, S., Melzer, A., 2011. Effect of Hyperthermia on the Cytotoxicity of Chemotherapeutic Drugs. The Premire International and Multidisciplinary Meeting for Image-Guided Cancer Therapies, WCIO, pp. 142-143.
- Liu, D., Wang, Z., Wang, L., Cuschieri, A., 2010. FEM analysis of carbon nanotube induced cell poration under electric field. Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), 2010 3rd International Conference on, vol. 3, pp. 1189-1193.