graduated in 2010 from a four year degree programme in Electrical and Information Technology at the Georg Simon Ohm University of Applied Sciences in Nuremberg. Before joining the University of Dundee he worked at Siemens Healthcare to write his final thesis. At Siemens he developed a needle placement concept for MRI-guided abdominal interventions (liver, kidney, and pancreas). During his studies at Nuremberg Martin worked with Felix Horn and Prof. Florian Steinmeyer on a skin cancer detection method based on functional infrared imaging for early diagnosis of black and white skin cancer.
Martin started his PhD at IMSaT under supervision of Prof. Andreas Melzer in the Magnetic Resonance group in October 2010. He is currently working on a real-time interface for MR imaging and developing passive and semi-active tracking for cardiovascular devices as guidewires, catheters and cannulae. He joined the University of Dundee as a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher on the project integrated interventional imaging operating systems (IIIOS). During his 3 years as PhD student he will work on marker and tracking development for cardiovascular interventions performed under real-time MRI guidance.
- PhD candidate in Electronics and Physics, University of Dundee, 2010 - Present. "Marker and Tracking Development for Cardiovascular Interventions under Real-Time MR Image Guidance"
- Dipl. Ing (FH) in Electrical and Information Technology, Georg Simon Ohm University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg (Germany), 2006-10
- Final thesis: "Needle Placement Concept for MR-Guided Interventions" at Siemens Healthcare - Business Unit Magnetic Resonance, 2010
- Project thesis: "Skin Cancer Detection Method based on Functional Infrared Imaging", Georg Simon Ohm University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg (Germany), 2009
- Student Trainee: ITConsulting & Project Management for Hospital Information Systems at Siemens Healthcare - Business Health Services, Erlangen (Germany), 2009-10
- Internship: Strategic Marketing for Energy Transmission and Distribution at Siemens Energy Business Unit Power Transmission and Distribution, Sydney (Australia), 2008-09
- Student Trainee: Software Tool Development for Tendering Process at Siemens Industry Business Unit Industrial Solutions and Services, Erlangen (Germany), 2006-08